You may be aware that from September 2017 some 3 and 4 year olds may be eligible to receive an extra 15 hours a week free childcare.
The existing offer of 15 hours of free childcare for all 3 and 4 year old children will continue. To access the 30 hour offer you will need to meet the following criteria:
Will I qualify for 30 hours free childcare?
You will qualify:
- If you earn or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months. This equates to £120 a week (or £6,000 a year) for each parent over 25 years old or £112.80 a week (or £5,800 a year) for each parent between 21 and 24 years old. This applies whether you are in paid employment, self-employed or on a zero hours contract. The parent (and their partner where applicable) should be seeking the free childcare to enable them to work.
- Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave.
- Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work.
- Where a parent is in a ‘start-up period’ (i.e. they are newly self-employed) they do not need to demonstrate that they meet the income criteria for 12 months.
Who will not qualify?
A parent will not meet the criteria when:
- Either parent has an income of more than £100,000
- Either parent is a non-EEA national and subject to immigration control (and has no recourse to public funds)
What happens if a parent loses eligibility?
- They will receive a “grace period” – this means they will be able to keep their childcare for a short period.
- Once the “grace period” has lapsed, the parent may be entitled to the universal 15 hour entitlement.
You can access the application process through. https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
We are unable to offer 30 hours at Grange Park nursery as we do not have the capacity however we are working in partnership with private and voluntary settings, such as day nurseries, preschools and childminders as part of our newly formed Hub called Childcare Hub Around the Park. As a hub we can offer 15 hours at Grange Park Nursery and up to 15 hours with one of our Hub partners. Together we can offer 30 hours to the children who are eligible and ensure quality provision, seamless transitions and joint planning to ensure the children receive a quality early education.
Please visit our Hub website for more information about early years partners we will be working with http://hubaroundthepark.primaryblogger.co.uk/ This can also be accessed through the Grange Park Primary School website.
If you require any more information, please speak to office staff.